My first try following the instructions for Lucid was not successful, after shutdown -r now the Dynamic Cloud Server did not start up again. It is a pity that there is no serial console nor a Rescue or Repair-mode, so I gave it another try...
After loads of retries (new initialisation, waiting and another execution of do-release-upgrade --devel-release) I found the solution in the end:
- While do-release-upgrade --devel-release updated dhclient I took the old configuration with static-route, see dhclient: classless static route, bug? as well.
- As I had no second chance to boot without security, I removed apparmor (apt-get remove apparmor), maybe I will install this again after some research.
- Most important: New Linux-Kernels include a new IDE-driver, which adresses former hda devices as sda, so I changed three things after the package update but before reboot:
- In /boot/grub/menu.lst I replaced # kopt=root=/dev/hda1 ro console=tty0 console=ttyS0,57600 with # kopt=root=/dev/sda1 ro console=tty0 console=ttyS0,57600.
- After that I called update-grub to update the configuration of grub.
- In /etc/fstab I replaced all occurrences of hda with sda.
Now the server is up and running again :-)